Unable To Download Setup

home Forums Support Unable To Download Setup

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    multijim
    Participant

When I click the download button, I keep getting an error saying I have insufficient privileges to download the etup.exe.

angelofthenorth
    Participant

hi jim sorry your having problems have passed yur problem to admin and they have suggested that you try right click and choose save as ……plz if anymore problems plz dont hesitate to contact ….thanx angel xx

djdark
    Participant

hi multi
    try here ok ive uploaded it to mega and see if this link will help you
    all you need to is click the link or copy and paste link in to your browser
    or save
    then run it
    once installed you will or should be able to load the client
    it will run update if nessassry
    and then also ask or update or camfrog active x plug in
    witch you have to allow
    if you have nortns or advast or avg as it tends to stop it from running
    as a few have had that problem in the past

give it a go and let us know how you get on

djdark
    Participant
    multijim
    Participant

Well i managed to get Setup to run but it came up with an error message, i clicked the details tab and got this:

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
    Windows : 6.2.9200.0 (Win32NT)
    Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.34209
    System.Deployment.dll : 4.0.30319.34243 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    clr.dll : 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    dfdll.dll : 4.0.30319.34243 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    dfshim.dll : 6.3.9600.16384 (winblue_rtm.130821-1623)

SOURCES
    Deployment url : http://client.funchatcam.com/download/client/funchat%20client.application
    Server : Apache/2.4.9 (Unix)

IDENTITIES
    Deployment Identity : funchat client.application, Version=4.0.1.10, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0000000000000000, processorArchitecture=x86

APPLICATION SUMMARY
    * Installable application.
    * Trust url parameter is set.
    ERROR SUMMARY
    Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
    * Activation of http://client.funchatcam.com/download/client/funchat%20client.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
    + Activation failed.
    + The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
    No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
    There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
    * [14/04/2015 11:20:16] : Activation of http://client.funchatcam.com/download/client/funchat%20client.application has started.
    * [14/04/2015 11:20:16] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.

ERROR DETAILS
    Following errors were detected during this operation.
    * [14/04/2015 11:20:16] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentException (Activation)
    – Activation failed.
    – Source: System.Deployment
    – Stack trace:
    at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
    at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.Activate(DefinitionAppId appId, AssemblyManifest appManifest, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
    — Inner Exception —
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException
    – The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)
    – Source: System.Deployment
    – Stack trace:
    at System.Deployment.Application.NativeMethods.CorLaunchApplication(UInt32 hostType, String applicationFullName, Int32 manifestPathsCount, String[] manifestPaths, Int32 activationDataCount, String[] activationData, PROCESS_INFORMATION processInformation)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
    * Transaction at [14/04/2015 11:20:16]
    + System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.StoreOperationSetDeploymentMetadata
    – Status: Set
    – HRESULT: 0x0
    + System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.StoreTransactionOperationType (27)
    – HRESULT: 0x0

angelofthenorth
    Participant

no probs jim will get admin to look into it straight away for you and get bk to you asap funchatcam also has a facebook page also which you may be able to contact people easy …….. thanx for yur patients angel xxx

multijim
    Participant

Thank you very much, it’s probably something simple and my noobish brain cant figure it out lol 🙂

satchmo
    Keymaster

Hi Multijim,

First of all, I’m sorry that you’re having issues, can i please confirm what Operating system & version you are running?

A good thing to check is that you have all windows updates installed.

What antivirus software do you use?

Hope to help,

Satch

joshua1228
    Participant

I am having the same issues. I run Windows 7 and use Norton for anti-virus.

multijim
    Participant

I’m running Windows 8.1 and have Norton 360 as my antivirus.

satchmo
    Keymaster

Hi Guys,

If possible can you add an exception to your antivirus, I believe its somehow blocking the download.

Regards,

Satchmo

joshua1228
    Participant

Wow, that was less than helpful. 🙁

multijim
    Participant

I think i may go and find another chat site for now, maybe come back in a few months.

djdark
    Participant

i had this issue with one of the memebrs on chat they couldnnot get the exe to ruin or let alone download
    reason being thayhad nortain running
    i told them to uninstall nortains as thye were on w7 restart and then try installing the set up
    it will then install
    if you dont want to uninstall nnortains then ctrl alt del
    and task manager
    and end nortains from running and then run the exe
    and set it up
    should work but it will be nortains inter fearing
    personaly i would uninstall nortains
    download and in stall microsof security essentials and have that in stead
    and spy bot thats all your really need tbh
    i have set up 3 pl so far in the last week to get on to fcc and they had the same issue
    hop fuly either
    turn nortains off
    install
    remove nortains
    install
    or add fcc exe to the acceptions list
    in nortans

bluepirate
    Participant

guys i think it is not working wth 32bit pc chips or windows xp ! thats the reason it says win32 error etc! i have tried everything..but nothing!the last i tried is to try to install it wth ie tab plug in on my google chrome!!…nothing !

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.