Everything was running fine till yesterday…..

home Forums Support Everything was running fine till yesterday…..

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    justafreakatthezoo
    Participant

OK so I been here for awhile and everything was usually running fine.
    I’m on a PC with win8 , and I been off line for awhile…
    Since my last visit nothing seems to run right.
    I’ve had Rilee try to help me out and still nothing.
    All I get is the 1st pop up and then nothing….
    I haven’t changed any settings in my machine as everything was running.
    I’ve checked fire walls and my web protection apps.
    Am I the only one experiencing this right now even with a new install of the app?
    ANy help would be great so I can get back in and see some buddies again !

Justa xoxo

satchmo
    Keymaster

Hey,

Looks like for some reason the application has become corrupt. Do you get any error messages? What do you mean by popup?

Try the standalone client: http://www.funchatcam.com/download/client/funchat%20client.exe this can be saved and run from anywhere.

Hope this helps,

Satch

justafreakatthezoo
    Participant

oncBy pop u I mean the 1st window that says app loading this may take a few minutes. Then my screen kinda flickers and nothing happens other than my side bar pops up a buncH of FCC icons that disappear before I can click on them. I’ll try it out once I’m on the laptop. Thank
    Sent from cell.
    Justa

satchmo
    Keymaster

Cool, hope it works. If not, Ive got a few more ideas 🙂

santini
    Participant

I have the same issue running win 7 with a McAfee security package, funnily though my win 8 pc with McAfee works fine, my suspicion is that McAfee is blocking it. Now, I tried adding funchatcam program to the safe list but the selection window does not highlight the program, even though I can find it elsewhere. I’ll keep working on a solution over the next few days.

devilishlover
    Participant

I seem to be unable to log in through the application. it keeps telling me that the navigation was cancelled. I don’t think it’s the internet, because I can get on here. Any ideas?

justafreakatthezoo
    Participant

Stand alone doesn’t do anything different.
    I also can’t even find the installed file in my program files so I can exclude it in malwarebytes or micro soft protection.
    What I don’t also get is Rilee has told me new users have been able to install FCC with no problems,
    and yet mine was running fine until I went off grid and offline as much and came back and it wasn’t running anymore.
    I honestly have no friggin clue at this point especially because it wasn’t broken to start with …..
    Justa

justafreakatthezoo
    Participant

OK so the stand alone download doesn’t work at all.
    The set up one does install the application but it won’t run.
    I get the 1st pop up that says launching application
    screen flickers
    fcc does not open to it’s usual

justafreakatthezoo
    Participant

Hey could Google Chrome have something to do with my issues ?

northy1
    Participant

ive not been able to get in for months but apparently its cause im on xp,, need a decent link so can download a win 7 or 8 if anyone can help feeling good enough to come back now after the big man went xxx

santini
    Participant

Well, system restore and uninstalling Spybot worked for me, although uninstalling spybot should be enough.

justafreakatthezoo
    Participant

And my latest attempt gave me this.
    PLATFORM VERSION INFO
    Windows : 6.2.9200.0 (Win32NT)
    Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.34014
    System.Deployment.dll : 4.0.30319.34243 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    clr.dll : 4.0.30319.34014 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR
    dfdll.dll : 4.0.30319.34243 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    dfshim.dll : 6.3.9600.16384 (winblue_rtm.130821-1623)

SOURCES
    Deployment url : http://client.funchatcam.com/download/client/funchat%20client.application

ERROR SUMMARY
    Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
    * Activation of http://client.funchatcam.com/download/client/funchat%20client.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
    + Downloading http://client.funchatcam.com/download/client/funchat client.application did not succeed.
    + The remote name could not be resolved: ‘client.funchatcam.com’

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
    No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
    There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
    * [2015-08-10 11:54:37 AM] : Activation of http://client.funchatcam.com/download/client/funchat%20client.application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
    Following errors were detected during this operation.
    * [2015-08-10 11:54:37 AM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentDownloadException (Unknown subtype)
    – Downloading http://client.funchatcam.com/download/client/funchat client.application did not succeed.
    – Source: System.Deployment
    – Stack trace:
    at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
    at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadAllFiles()
    at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.Download(SubscriptionState subState)
    at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadManifestAsRawFile(Uri& sourceUri, String targetPath, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
    at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestDirectBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
    at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
    — Inner Exception —
    System.Net.WebException
    – The remote name could not be resolved: ‘client.funchatcam.com’
    – Source: System
    – Stack trace:
    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
    at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
    No transaction information is available.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.