Windows 10 Issues

home Forums Support Windows 10 Issues

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    satchmo
    Keymaster

Hi Guys,

Following the Windows 10 upgrade some people have reported issues with the client and loading webcams. We’re looking into this now.

paladin
    Participant

I am attempting to install the client on a fresh install of Windows 10, and I am getting an error that says it cannot locate the application files on the server. Here is the details dialogue:

ERROR DETAILS
    Following errors were detected during this operation.
    * [8/14/2015 9:44:46 AM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentDownloadException (Unknown subtype)
    – Downloading http://client.funchatcam.com/download/client/funchat client.application did not succeed.
    – Source: System.Deployment
    – Stack trace:
    at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
    at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadAllFiles()
    at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.Download(SubscriptionState subState)
    at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadManifestAsRawFile(Uri& sourceUri, String targetPath, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
    at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestDirectBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
    at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
    — Inner Exception —
    System.Net.WebException
    – The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.
    – Source: System
    – Stack trace:
    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
    at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)

Hope this helps…

satchmo
    Keymaster

Hi Paladin,

Thanks for the info, it seems that there has been some server changes at the host which is causing these errors.
    In the meantime, does the standalone client work for you?

http://www.funchatcam.com/download/client/funchat%20client.exe

Hope this helps.

Satchmo

johnny-reb
    Participant

i was having the same truble this worked fer me thx !

vapekrazy
    Participant

Any update on the windows 10 issue… any interaction with cams, my own or someone else’s causes the client to crash… have had the issue ever since win 10 upgrade… several of our regulars are reporting the same…

Since many of us regular chatters cannot use the system, our server has been pretty much abandon.

Please help!

satchmo
    Keymaster

Hi,

That’s weird I’m running Windows 10 fine with no issues on 2 systems and tested on another 3 just fine.

Right now I’d advise on holding off on the upgrade for most users until it’s stable.

If you’re having issues with it as soon as the webcam is accessed, that points towards the activeX control and the webcam driver.

Does the same thing happen with a different webcam or no webcam (manycam) installed?

Was this a fresh install or an upgrade? I’d for sure try a fresh install of Windows 10 over an upgrade every time.

naturisttim
    Participant

I have the same problems, can install, even run the standalone on W10 but as soon as I open up a cam my own cam goes all haywire on the pic and I get a message saying the program has crashed

vapekrazy
    Participant

At this point I cannot advise user to hold off on upgrading to win10. Most have already done so and do not plan on rolling back just to accommodate our cam chat server.

To be honest, this was an issue for me prior to win10 but I was able to rectify the issue by rolling back my driver to the original one provided with win7 install prior to any updates. It seems that an updated driver caused the conflict for me and again rolling back was the fix. I just avoided updating my video driver until win10 came along and forced me to use the current driver which has conflict with cam chat.

I will be shooting you an FB message to discuss further.

rilee68
    Participant

hi to anyone having the crash issue with windows 10, i know a lot that have the crash issue, but after time and testing a few things, there are a couple of options.

1. when you enter the server, when your cam pops up, DON’T move it, just minimize it, and right click your name and remote view cam, then you are able to open other cams.

or this has been tried

2. when you come in chat, try not to open cams straight away, leave it about 10 minutes, then try open cams, might need to be longer its just trial n error.

some users of the den server have tried these and have helped them out.

myself i have win10 on home pc, and work lappy and no issues. hope this works for some of you. pass on the word, and hope to see your server back up to its usual peak.

cheers ears

devilishlover
    Participant

Hey guys,
    new windows 10’er here. ANd I can’t get this shit to work. I tried waiting with opening, opening one cam at a time, but crush every time regardless. Now I have only noticed the issue today since I haven’t been on exactly lately; but it got quite frustrating. I do have IE installed (as well as the Edge). ANy other ideas? Thanks in advance and hopefully there will be a better solution soon

satchmo
    Keymaster

If people are having issues, please let me know the type of machine, laptop/desktop and the type/make of graphics card/chip on the machine.

That would help greatly.

satchmo
    Keymaster

If your webcam has stopped working after installing recently-released Microsoft’s big Anniversary Update for Windows 10, you are not alone.

With some significant changes to improve Windows experience, Windows 10 Anniversary Update includes the support for webcams that has rendered a number of different webcams inoperable, causing serious issues for not only consumers but also the enterprise.

The problem is that Microsoft added some new ways for applications to access webcams with Microsoft’s new Windows Camera Frame Server, preventing webcams from using two particular compression formats—H.264 and MJPEG.
    Microsoft decided that the Camera Frame Server should only receive an uncompressed YUY2 encoding stream from the webcam, which is affecting far more devices than Microsoft expected, causing Millions of cameras to crash.
    This is the reason why your camera hangs, freezes, or simply not works when you try to do a video calling with your friend over Skype. Brad Sams of Thurrot first discovered this issue.

“Since it will take some extra time for the H.264 work to go through this additional layer of testing, and we would prefer not to delay the MJPEG changes [fix], we will ship these two separately. You can expect the MJPEG media type work to reach you first,” reads a post in Microsoft’s Support Forum from Windows Camera Team member Mike M.
    Although Microsoft has planned to fix the issue and roll out an official fix in September, Windows users who do not want to wait for a month for Microsoft’s update can use a workaround suggested by Rafael Rivera to re-enable the old behavior of webcam and fix the issue.

Here’s how to Fix Your Webcam:
    The workaround is a registry hack, so if you are comfortable tweaking the registry, make the below changes. The hack is pretty simple; you just need to stick to the following instructions.

Go to the Start Menu, type “regedit” and press Enter. This opens ‘The Registry Editor’.

Navigate to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Media Foundation\Platform” in the left sidebar.

Right-click the “Platform” key and select New → DWORD (32-bit) Value.

Name this value “EnableFrameServerMode” and set the value to “0” by double clicking on it.

These are the steps if you are using a 32-bit version of Windows 10.

If you are using a 64-bit version of Windows 10, you will need to navigate to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows Media Foundation\Platform” in the left sidebar and follow step 3 and 4 mentioned above.
    Now close the registry editor and just re-launch the application in which your webcam was freezing. They should now work normally – no reboot, no sign out required.
    When Microsoft actually fixes the issue after a month, just revisit the same location in the registry editor and delete the “EnableFrameServerMode” value you added to undo this change.
    The hack is simple but follow the above steps correctly because a small mistake in The Registry Editor tool can render your system unstable or even inoperable.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.